How to exercise chest muscles?
Exercising your chest muscles is a vital part of any strength training or body strengthening program. Whether you exercise at home or in the gym, the following steps can help you build strong chest muscles.
Learn basic chest exercises
A good set of chest exercises consists of many different movements, including some typical shoulder and arm shaping movements. If you can widely understand a variety of exercises that can exercise your chest muscles, you can try different movements in exercise and use different instruments.
1. Do chest enlargement. Standard chest expansion exercise should be one of the best chest muscle exercises. It can be repeated many times without instruments; You can also reduce the number of times to use dumbbells and resistance bands at the same time.
2. Do a supine push. Supine push is probably the most popular way to exercise your chest muscles. It can be done at home or in the gym. There are many kinds of push weights for you to choose from. Chest push is a variant of supine push, which can be completed by pushing the wall, using resistance bands or dumbbells.
3. Do push ups. Push ups can strengthen chest muscles and muscles in arms, shoulders, back and hips.
4. Try tilting dumbbell press. When you are familiar with the traditional supine push, you can do dumbbell push on an inclined bench instrument. This can exercise your chest muscles in a different way.
5. Practice dumbbell rowing. Dumbbell rowing exercises can help strengthen shoulders, arms and back, and can be carried out at home and in the gym.
6. Practice dumbbell curls. Although dumbbell curl is traditionally considered to exercise arm muscles, it can also be used to exercise chest muscles and make the outline of chest muscles clearer. This sport can choose whether to load or not.
Exercise with different equipment
The best way to strengthen your chest muscles is to use different instruments. Regular use of various kinds of equipment and tools in sports can also avoid you from encountering "bottlenecks" or feeling boring in strength training.
1. Use free force instruments. Free strength equipment can meet your needs of exercising different parts and different intensities. Large movement range and greater weight added to the supporting muscles of upper limbs (compared with fixed weight lifting equipment) are very important for strengthening chest muscles.
2. Use fixed weight lifting equipment. Weight lifting equipment can provide you with a series of convenient chest muscle training, and the weight can be increased or decreased freely. Sports coaches can also provide some additional suggestions on chest muscle movement, such as over head push, pull up and other common variants of chest muscle movement.
3. Use a resistance band. The resistance band is convenient and cheap, and can be used as an alternative to free force equipment and fixed weight lifting equipment. They are very portable and can be used in almost all chest exercises. Resistance bands of various strength levels are sold on the market for chest muscle training at various levels.
4. Use your body as a tool. Weight can also be used to help you get strong chest muscles: you can do palm to palm push, wall push, weight-free biceps curl, or push ups.
Use regular exercise to strengthen your chest muscles
Strong chest muscles need to be able to cope with a range of challenges and work well in different situations. In order to bring the most adequate exercise to your chest muscles, you can do many different other exercises to strengthen your chest muscles with the muscles of your arms, shoulders and back.
1. Swimming. Swimming makes your chest muscles work with your whole upper body, which can stretch and strengthen your muscles.
2. Rock Climbing. It is very safe to do this sport in the rock climbing gym, and it can also provide excellent upper limb exercise effect. The exercise of chest muscle may not be provided by free strength equipment and classic exercise movements.
3. Play volleyball or row. Using social activities and competitions to strengthen your arms and chest provides a lot of training. Focus on those movements that require upper limb strength, throwing, pushing and pulling.
Appropriate motor skills
You can work as hard as you want and exercise your chest muscles as often as possible, but without proper exercise skills, you may waste a lot of time and effort. Skills are crucial to your safety, health and muscle growth.
1. Remember to stretch your body before and after exercise. Stretching muscles plays an important role in preventing injury and increasing the effect of muscle movement. It can also soften your shoulders and back so that you can operate more effectively during exercise.
2. Perform each action slowly during the movement. Paying attention and completing the action slowly and calmly can strengthen all the muscles involved in the action. This also allows your main supporting muscles to grow and have better control over real-life movements.
3. Pay attention to the contraction of muscles. During each movement, focus on the expansion and contraction of chest muscles. In this way, repeat the same number of movements, but you can achieve a better strong effect.
4. Repeat the action an appropriate number of times. If your goal is to make your muscles tighter and stronger, do about 20 repetitions per round, and the difficulty will gradually increase. If your goal is to increase your chest muscles, choose more difficult movements and set 8 to 12 times as a round. When you can easily complete 12, increase the weight or resistance of the push and make 8 repetitions your upper limit again.
5. Exercise your back, shoulder and arm muscles at the same time. This can not only strengthen the chest muscles at the same time, but also balance the strength and growth of the muscles. This can also avoid the ugly body shape caused by excessive emphasis on exercising a certain muscle group.
6. Let the muscles rest. Unless you have reached a high level of strength training, you should rest your chest muscles for one to three days between the two established training plans.
7. Go to the gym for advice. Fitness coaches and gym staff can teach you how to use equipment and exercise safely. This avoids injuries, strains, pain, and inefficient exercise.
Increasing protein in your diet, eating a balanced diet and reducing body fat can make your chest muscles stronger and provide the nutrients you need to strengthen your muscles.
The training of balancing all parts of the body is always very important, so that your body will look natural and symmetrical, and will not be too prominent in one part, so your posture will not look good.
Remember to consult a health professional and fitness coach before starting a stressful training program. People with heart disease and old injuries in specific parts are not suitable for some chest muscle strengthening exercises.