How to start fitness?
Almost everyone agrees that regular exercise or fitness is good for your health, but it's really difficult to stick to it all the time. It's not easy to make and stick to a fitness plan. Fortunately, there are some tips that can help you. Set easy fitness goals. Even if you don't see the effect immediately, you won't be discouraged. You still insist on fitness 2-3 times a week, 20-30 minutes each time.
Set clear goals1. Consult your doctor before starting a fitness program. If you are new to fitness, it's best to ask your doctor what items are not suitable for you, especially if you have a chronic disease or disability.
- If you are a man over the age of 45 or a woman over the age of 55, don't start a fitness plan without authorization. Be sure to consult a doctor first.
- The doctor may be able to recommend some safe exercise for you.
- Think about what you want to improve. Maybe you don't need to lose weight or reduce your waist circumference, but if you want to run 5K, it's OK.
- Many people work out to lose weight. Do you want to successfully reduce your waist by 10cm before summer? Lose 7kg in six months? Lose 5% body fat by next year?
- Set health goals. Don't think about losing a lot of weight in a short time. If you are not sure whether your fitness or weight loss goals are healthy, consult your doctor.
- For example, you can set the alarm clock to ring one hour early every morning, so that you can have time to exercise in the gym before going to work. Or tell your friends that you need to work out after work and can't drink with them.
- Don't indulge in fitness too much, or give up socializing for the sake of fitness. In addition to fitness, other activities need to be interspersed in life, so as to help maintain motivation.
Choose your own fitness style1. If you like the combination of strength training and aerobic exercise, you can go to the gym. The advantage of the gym is very convenient. There are all kinds of equipment, such as aerobic fitness equipment, weight lifting equipment and free weight. If your main goal is to improve your heart rate, lose weight or gain muscle, it's best to start working out in the gym.
- Don't worry about being scared by other fitness people. Most people only focus on doing their own things and are very helpful.
- The average membership fee of the gym ranges from tens to hundreds of yuan a month. If you can't afford it, pay attention to the gym with discount activities. Some gyms have less equipment, but the charge will be cheaper.
- Yoga tutorials are available on many video websites. You can also take yoga classes at a nearby gym.
- Most gyms and exercise facilities offer courses at all levels. If you want to try a new sport, such as spinning or yoga, you can take a look at the beginner course.
- Some gyms offer new members a free personal trainer one-on-one training course.
- After the end of the free course, each one-to-one course after that needs to pay hundreds of dollars. If you want to save money, you can only take group classes.
- You can also invite a personal trainer to your home for classes. Of course, the cost will be more expensive.
- You can buy dumbbells or barbells at your local sporting goods store. If you prefer aerobic exercise, you can buy rope skipping for 15-20 minutes a day.
- Do squats and lunges, hard lifts and step climbing exercises to exercise the lower body.
- Do push ups, pull ups, exercise your upper body with a rowing machine and free weight.
- Do plate support and sit ups to exercise your core muscles.
- Take measures to avoid muscle soreness.
Try out apps like:
- The MyFitnesspal app allows you to record the calories of the food you eat, as well as the step counting function.
- The Swarkit app provides many fitness videos that demonstrate more than 200 exercise steps.
- The MapMyRun app helps you plan multiple route choices in your area according to the distance and duration you want to run.
- If a friend already has the habit of fitness, ask if you can join them.
Implement feasible fitness plan1. Decide when and when you can work out. This helps form habits. You need to put fitness first and integrate it into your lifestyle. Set aside at least a few days a week for exercise. For example, plan to run for an hour at 7 a.m. every day, or go to the gym from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. every Monday.
- The first step is always the hardest. Only when you are in a good mood can you keep fit occasionally. You can't develop effective habits.
- Try to incorporate aerobic exercise into your fitness program. Just start doing some simple aerobic exercise, such as jogging or running outdoors or on a treadmill. Do it 3-5 times a week for 20 minutes each time.
- Incorporate strength training into your weekly fitness program, whether using free weight or weight lifting equipment. Exercise all major muscle groups at least 2-3 times a week, including chest, arm, leg and core muscles.
- If you don't have time to make your own song lists, you can find prefabricated song lists on streaming music platforms such as Netease cloud, iTunes and sound breaking sky.
- For example, if you work in an office building, you can take a 20 minute walk at lunch or jog up and down the stairs for 15 minutes to improve your heart rate.
- You can also rest for 10 minutes every 2 hours and do 30 push ups and sit ups respectively.
- When you feel pain, shortness of breath, dizziness or nausea, stop and have a rest. You may be pushing yourself too hard.
- After each strength training, be sure to give muscles 24-48 hours of rest to repair themselves. Give the muscles time to recover. If your muscles are still sore after 1 day, take another day off for safety.
Form new habits1. Develop appropriate new goals as your health improves. Reassess your health when appropriate. If you have achieved your weight loss goal, you can decide whether to lose more weight or practice beautiful muscle lines instead. If your previous goal was to push 110kg on your back, you can raise the goal to 125kg and continue to practice.
- The goal of later expansion does not need to be limited to the gym. The old hiking route is getting easier and easier, and there are almost no challenges? Then try a more difficult route.
- You can also extend your exercise time. Exercise twice a week, 20 minutes each time, increased to 4 times a week, 30 minutes each time.
- If you are satisfied with your current body shape and muscle tone, you can set a new goal to maintain your current fitness and appearance.
- As you explore more and more activities, you are likely to have a strong interest in some activities. Is swing dancing surprisingly interesting? Great, schedule an extra hour a week to swing yourself!
- You can also alternate between different types of exercise. For example, go to the gym on Tuesday and Thursday and run on Monday and Wednesday.
- If you run 5K at home five days a week, you might as well move to outdoor exercise. Change a new route, run at night, or increase to 7km. If not enough, you can completely change a new sport. Do you usually practice yoga? Change to Pilates this time. Always wanted to try free fighting? Then take action!
If your goal is to lose weight, know that 0.45 kg is equal to 3500 calories. You need to reduce your calorie intake and fitness, so that you consume 500 more calories per day than you eat, so as to lose 0.45 kg per week. You can also change to consume 500 more calories the next day and lose 0.45 kg in 2 weeks.
Don't force yourself to do annoying sports. You don't have to go to the gym. If you like swimming, dancing or hiking, do it! They are also great sports.
Finding a friend to work out with you will help keep you motivated and urge you to achieve your sports goals.